- Producing biomass-derived chars by pyrolysis of agricultural wastes.
- Developing advanced carbon materials for thermal, catalytic and electrochemical applications.
- Activation and doping of engineered carbons as anodes for sodium-ion batteries.
- MEDWASTE —Mediterranean Agricultural Wastes: Environmentally Sustainable Resource for an Innovative Renewable Energy Technology (PCIN-2017-048)
- BIOCARB-ion —Engineered biochar-derived carbons as anodes for sodium- and potassium-ion batteries (PID2019-107737RB-I00)